Pages

Featured Reviews

Kingdom Titan Class The Ark Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus MMC R-12 Cynicus

Saturday 30 July 2022

McFarlane MK11 Commando Spawn - Pictorial Review

Next up, something that I really looked forward to, before the Covid fiasco.

I'm actually not sure yet, how will I draw the line for Spawn releases. How different is considered different?

Commando Spawn, another MK11 skin. I contemplated on on getting him when he was first announced but decided to just proceed.


And I was not disappointed. The aesthetic and overall feel of the figure is awesome. 



Commando Spawn comes with a ton of new detailing, from head to toe. Maybe for me, I have to stop looking at Spawn at surface level as I would definitely consider them as the same (big right boot, normal left feet, right forearm cover, etc). 


This is my only complain. He is "Commando" Spawn yet not a single firearm. Just a pair of green flame that came with Malefik before.

The gun in the holster? Nope, molded.


I don't mind the flame, per se. It looks good in keeping with Spawn's aesthetic in general. But...it's Commando....

The face cover is not meant to be removed. You won't get a full Spawn's face underneath.


Not much to highlight in terms of his articulation but one thing I noticed. Just like Throne Spawn, his crotch piece is made out of softer material which gives him a slightly bigger hip movement.




MUCH BETTER! Getting She-Spawn with tons of weapons was a good decision, well, aside from She-Spawn is bad**s herself. 

Yes, a Munitions Pack is coming. But that's extra.





How a simple weapon can improve the overall look of a near-perfect figure.






It seems like, he lived up to his name "Commando" aside from the total lack of weapons.



This is how losing control looks like. But that's a topic for some other day.


Size wise, he is roughly the same size as MK11 and Malefik Spawn. Based on that, Gunslinger is the outlier.




For me, MK11 (Sword version) was considered the best 'standard' Spawn in my display. But with Throne Spawn AND Commando Spawn, I find myself looking at him less and less. Are the 2 new ones really good or just the 'New is always better' syndrome?

2 comments: