Pages

Featured Reviews

Kingdom Titan Class The Ark Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus MMC R-12 Cynicus

Saturday 1 October 2022

SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Iron Man with Plasma Cannon - Pictorial Review

 An unexpected release, never knew it was coming till I saw it myself. SDCC 2022 Exclusive Iron Man with Plasma Cannon


The figure comes in a box with a very retro design showing the figure and the accessories

Back View


Inside is the retro-style carded Iron Man with the Plasma Cannon in a separate box


If I remember this correctly, this is a homage to the 1994 Toybiz Iron Man with Plasma Cannon Missile Launcher, however it's no longer in modular style



Right out of the box with comic style Iron Man helmet. (Sorry if I'm wrong and for my lack of knowledge on Iron Man in details). The modular armor was commonly used back then in Animated Series and the Capcom version of Iron Man.

Back View


The figure itself comes with 3 headsculpt. For me, a more mainstream fans, this Tony Stark headsculpt reminded me of the design in Iron Man Animated Series.


From all the non-MCU Tony Stark headsculpt I can recalled, this is by far my favourite.

3rd headsculpt


The overall figure feels solid with no loose joints on my copy. The paint app is well done without any smudges or defect.


Articulation wise, he's good. But nothing extra, just like the previous 20th Anniversary version.






He comes with 3 Effect Parts (none of which to be attached to his palms, despite having the peg hole). 2 of the Effect Parts are to be used on Iron Man himself with one plugs in to his fist.


The other Effect Part is for his arc reactor (was it called arc reactor pre-MCU?)



Now for the plasma cannon. Looking at this, the hours spent playing Marvel VS Capcom Arcade Game comes flowing back. 

The cannon comes with a stand (quite sturdy, no issue handling its weight) and a blast effect part.


The finishing of the cannon is quite minimal but not in a bad way. 


It might just be me but this is the coolest accessories to be included with Iron Man, period.


As you can see, there's a lot of peg holes prepared so you can try various other blast effect parts released before.


On his own, he can't handle the weight. But not a big issue. To me, this is the only pose I'll have him with the plasma cannon.


We had quite a lot of Iron Man releases, almost every year. The latest, significant one was the 20th Anniversary (maybe there's some after, definitely a lot before, can't recalled specifically) but it doesn't interest me much like this version do. Again, this is the point of view of someone who's quite a mainstream Iron Man fan. But the Tony Stark headsculpt alone brings me back to the opening scene of Animated Iron Man

3 comments: