Pages

Featured Reviews

Kingdom Titan Class The Ark Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus MMC R-12 Cynicus

Saturday 1 October 2022

Marvel Legends Retro Collection Apocalypse - Pictorial Review

As an X-Men Animated Series fan, I looked forward to this, considering I missed the previous release. Presenting, Apocalypse!


I remember one friend was telling me he had a hard time determining the size of the figure from online pic due to the card size.

Yes, the card is big!


Back View


The Apocalypse that I remember, given my first introduction to X-men was through X-Men Animated Series. One thing I noticed was that the thighs detached quite easily when I took him out of the package. Is there a specific tolerance used for BAF figure due to the need to attached the parts together? Or is it just my copy?


The figure comes with 1 alternate head, 1 pair of alternate fist, 1 arm blaster, 1 blast part and 2 smaller blast parts.



The alternate head is the head that was used by the BAF Apocalypse before. The skin tone is a bit different and the eyes are less red.


Joint wise, no issues on my copy aside from the thigh popping off on in a while when posing.


Articulation wise he's quite okay considering his size and beefiness. 


The wrist guard are made out of rubbery plastic and be detached when attaching the arm cannon.


Having them side by side, we can see the differences between them. For starter, Retro Apocalypse comes with and extra close mouth head. Next, the shoulder pads, collar and chest are also different. The wrist guard used in the Retro version is also different and made out of rubbery plastic as opposed to BAF Apocalypse that used solid plastic.


The blast parts can be attached to the arm blaster




I think one thing people want to know is can the heads be used by BAF Apocalypse, considering it's quite a rare piece. Yes! In the picture is BAF Apocalypse with Retro Apocalypse's close-mouth head.

For most, especially older ML collector, this release might not be significant to them. But for me, an Animated Series lover who started X-Men collection back in early 2020, this is a must have. I thought AOA Apocalypse could serve as placeholder before but something just doesn't add up, as far as my collection is concern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment