Pages

Featured Reviews

Kingdom Titan Class The Ark Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus MMC R-12 Cynicus

Tuesday 21 June 2022

McFarlane DC Multiverse Endless Winter Aquaman - Pictorial Review

A step forward towards completing my Justice League, as a response to the Dark Knights of the Dark Multiverse. For my Aquaman, I opted for the Endless Winter version, even though knowing McFarlane, a clean-shaven Arthur will come out later down the line.


He's quite basic, comes with just a trident. But it's Aquaman, it's not like he should come with a fish. 2 things glaringly obvious. 1) is the soft-plastic trident where you can see minor bend and unevenness. 


2) The side eyes....



Detail wise, he looks really good. The colors are vibrant and the details on his suit is really well made. Overall finishing is clean, from head to toe.


His trident does not bend easily, unlike say, JLSC Steppenwolf's axe or Darkseid's spear. In my case, it happens when you try to get him to hold the trident with both hands.


Unlike some of previous figures, he can properly grip the trident without it sliding of his hands.



Despite having the standard set of articulations, he is surprisingly quite poseable. The hips has better clearance that might be due to the crotch area being made out of more flexible and softer plastic/rubber material.

Stability wise, he's not any worse than most McFarlane's figures.




I like the opposing themes of this 2 figures (Man VS Woman/Good VS Evil/Light VS Dark). 

The Drowned is sort of darker and muted in colors while Aquaman is bright and vibrant.



Stay down, Bryce


My current Justice League. All in all, I'm happy with my choices but I could use a Flash with better facial expression.

I'm limiting my JL lineup to these, Wonder Woman and Cyborg as the initial intention was to have the counterparts of the original Dark Knights (Wonder Woman and Cyborg for Merciless and Murder Machine)


These lineup takes quite some times to achieve. It still baffle me that no 'classics' Wonder Woman has been released yet, considering how many version of her out there.

For now, I have 4 main McFarlane DC displays which are 1) JL Snyder Cut, 2) The Dark Knights, 3) Justice League and 4) Death Metal. As far as what has been released/leaked, I don't see my self adding more DC lineups which means I'll just be adding more figures to Death Metal lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment