Pages

Featured Reviews

Kingdom Titan Class The Ark Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox Kingdom Commander Class Rodimus Prime Kingdom Leader Class Galvatron Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus MMC R-12 Cynicus

Thursday 28 September 2023

Transformers Studio Series SS-104 Deluxe Class Nightbird - Pictorial Review

We're almost closing the chapter of Rise of The Beast Studio Series, impressively in less than 1 year. Our next release is Studio Series ROTB Terrocon Nightbird, the last of the bad guys trio.

Nightbird is based on her G1 iteration of the same name, which is also a cool, ninja-like assassin.  

In Package


SS-104, Nightbird. Really cool artwork on the front. Too colorful compared to her appearance in the movie though.

Alt Mode


Nightbird transform into GT-R R33 which is fully licensed by Nissan.

One glaring thing you can see is the different tones on the body. This is not really obvious in hand but somehow my camera picked it up due to the lighting.

Under normal lighting




Other than that, the alt mode is nicely detailed and painted, especially the rims


Front to back, [almost] fully painted. The alt mode holds together nicely and no tabbing issue.


I can't really say that they scaled perfectly together though. Seems like Nightbird is a bit small but not to the point that it bothers me.


Robot Mode

Transforming her is quite straight forward without any clearance issues. And no parts falling off which is a plus.


I like how contrast the color of her helmet is. The overall body color is lighter than what I would expect based on her appearance in the movie.

And I think I should address this early. She's the first version of her toys that comes with wings. Well, if you can call that small things "wings". Kinda reminded me of A Bug's Life.




The kibble, to my relief, is not that big, something I can accept especially for Studio Series Live Action figures.



I really like the design and aesthetic of the figure. The legs is a bit thin but not a deal breaker. Despite the hanging kibble on the side, she's still a poseable figure.


Another complain of mine is how under-equipped she as a ninja/assassin. She only comes with one sword and her arm-mounted claws are too small (molded in the same color)


Would it be better if she comes with a stand? I think so. 




In robot mode, the Terrocon's scale is a bit off. In the movie (at least in once scene that I remember) all three are almost the same height.

Other than Nightbird's small issues like the accessories, the wings and the scale, I think the figure is okay and overall I'm satisfied with the Terrocons. The trio's designs are good and they look good together.




5 comments:

  1. Nice review! Later need to hunt one down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get her fast bro. Cause there's only 2 of her per carton. And with 1xAirazor and 2xBB in the assortment, I don't think the shops going to restock the assortment a lot

      Delete
  2. Nice gema. X pernah aku bace sampai abes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice share. Thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete